Employees and coworkers are often like a second family.
After all, these are the people you probably spend the most time with, sometimes more than your actual family! With Thanksgiving just a couple weeks away and the Christmas season around the corner, remember to show your gratitude to your employees and reward their hard work!
Here are 7 ideas to show your Staff you appreciate them:
- Write a personal thank you card when you witness an employee going above and beyond for your business or for your client. By rewarding these actions, you will be encouraging your staff to provide greater levels of service.
- Reward employees with a gift card, a bouquet of flowers, or even a free service from your salon or spa.
- Recognize achievements (e.g. completing a course) and milestones (e.g. 5 year anniversary at your salon) during staff meetings. You can even build your salon’s credibility by sharing the news with your social media fans! Hint: you can use Insight to remember start dates and birthdays as well as to track services performed and sales.
- Throw a party! It doesn’t need to be anything fancy. Take everyone out for lunch on a slow day, close up early one evening to go for dinner, or organize a barbecue for staff and their families on a day off.
- Give T-shirts or jackets with your business’s logo. Employees want to show their pride in being a part of your business. Think about all the free advertising too!
- Engage your staff! Ask for feedback and suggestions from your employees. They will feel valued and be more likely to keep working for your business.
- Empower employees. Trust them and give them opportunities to develop skills. Let them train new staff or take on additional responsibilities.
Finally, remember to always show your gratitude to your staff with a simple “thank you”. Without them, your salon or spa would not be where it is today.
Insight Salon & Spa Software provides employee management tools including performance reporting, scheduling, and payroll. Contact us to learn more: 1-888-919-5841 or firstname.lastname@example.org.